Get that bug repellant ready! Mosquito season is upon us and it's coming strong. LA County officials are warning residents that this year we might see the worst mosquito season yet.
Usually we don't see many mosquitos out here in LA because of the dry conditions. However, we have been getting a lot more rain than normal which makes for the perfect breeding conditions for the creepy crawlers.
June through October is peak mosquito season so here is how you can prepare, according to CBS News.
- Get rid of standing water around your home -- that's the main draw for mosquitoes.
- Avoid floral or fruity scented soaps.
- Use a fan to steer them away.
- away more than candeles do.
- Wear long pants and sleeves that are loose-fitting.