The applications for Los Angeles County's guaranteed income pilot program just opened today, March 31st, allowing residents to apply for a chance to receive $1,000 a month for three years.
L.A. County will randomly select 1,000 people to be accepted to the guaranteed income program called "Breathe." Those selected will receive the monthly payments through debit cards and are able to spend the money on whatever fits their needs. If you are interested in applying, you can visit the website here and the deadline for applications is April 13.
In order to be eligible, residents must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Live in the L.A. County neighborhood that falls at or below 100% of the County's Area Median Household Income.
- Have a household income that falls at or below 100% of the County's AMI for a single person household; or at or below 120% of the County's AMI households with two or more people.
- Have been negatively financially impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
- Not currently enrolled in any other guaranteed income project.
Head over to KTLA 5 for more info on the guaranteed income program for Los Angeles.