Our goal is to help the millions of parents whose children, ages 3–20, are struggling with learning and attention issues. We want to empower them to understand their children’s issues and relate to their experiences. With this knowledge, parents can make effective choices that propel their children from simply coping to truly thriving.
This journey can pose challenges, though. That’s where Understood comes in. Understood aims to give parents a direct path to the support they need most to make them feel more confident and capable, less frustrated and alone:
- We promise well-researched, practical information that’s easy to apply to everyday life.
- We promise daily access to expert advice that’s free of charge, clearly communicated and never influenced by commercial interests.
- We promise a secure community where parents can trade tips and experiences with other parents like them.
- We promise to help parents recognize and develop their children's strengths—and to address their challenges.
- We promise to share resources and tips to help parents work constructively with schools, professionals and others in their community.
- We promise to respect parents’ privacy and their knowledge of what’s best for their children and family.
- We promise to listen to feedback and use it so that we can continue to make Understood better and better.
By fulfilling these promises, we believe we can help parents achieve successes, large and small, that fuel their child’s progress.
More information https://www.understood.org