If I could pick one word to describe The 2018 Golden Globes...POWERFUL. The #TimesUp Movement set the tone for the entire event. All of the attendees wore black to show their support and start conversation. Black wasn't a fashion statement this year, but a symbol of solidarity.
I have to mention that eight actresses brought along gender and racial justice activists as their guests to the Globes. I love this so SO much!
- Meryl Streep brought Ai-jen Poo, director of National Domestic Workes Alliances.
- Michelle Williams brought along Tarana Burke, founder of the "me too" movement
- Emma Watson had Marai Larsai, executive director of Imkaan a Black feminist organization, by her side
- Amy Poehler invited Saru Jayarman, president of Restaurant Opportunities Centers
- Shailene Woodley was accompanied by Calina Lawrence, Suquamish Tribe member
- Laura Dern brought Monica Ramirez, supporter of worker-led movements
- Susan Sarandon had Rosa Clemente, a political commentator with her
- Emma Stone invited Billie Jean King, tennis champ and advocate
But, seriously the MOST powerful of the night for me was the one and only Oprah. Her speech had me in tears, if you missed it just watch or if you saw watch it again...