Well, it's that time of year again. We start counting everything down from the year and rounding up all the "best of the year" lists. But what makes this year even more special is that with the close of 2019 comes the close of a DECADE. So instead of only looking back at the last 12 months, we're looking back on the last 10 years.
And something about it makes me very nostalgic. I mean, this decade was when I got married, got this job on the morning show, had my TWINS, and a million other things in between.
And with all those things, of course, comes the soundtrack we experienced them to: music.
So one streaming platform calculated what the most popular songs of the YEAR were... and then took things one step further and calculated the most popular songs of the decade.
First, lets take a look at the most popular songs of 2019.
The most popular songs of the YEAR, based on one streaming service:
- “Old Town Road” by Lil NasX
- “MIDDLE CHILD” by J.Cole
- “7 Rings” by Ariana Grande
- “Wow.” by Post Malone
- “Please Me” by Cardi B & Bruno Mars
- “Going Bad” (feat. Drake) by Meek Mill
- “Sunflower” byPost Malone & Swae Lee (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- “No Guidance” (feat. Drake) by Chris Brown
- “Talk” by Khalid
- “thank u, next” by Ariana Grande
- “bad guy” by Billie Eilish
- “break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored” by Ariana Grande
- “Sucker” by Jonas Brothers
- “Look Back At It” by A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie
- “Worth It” by YK Osiris
- “Suge” by DaBaby
- “a lot” by 21 Savage
- “Money In The Grave” (feat. Rick Ross) by Drake
- “Someone You Loved” by Lewis Capaldi
- “Señorita” by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
The most popular songs of the DECADE, based on the same streaming service:
- “Earned It” by The Weeknd
- “Someone Like You” by Adele
- “See You Again” (feat. Charlie Puth) by Wiz Khalifa
- “The Motto” by Drake
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “When I Was Your Man” by Bruno Mars
- “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic
- “Stay With Me” by Sam Smith
- “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons
- “Hello” by Adele
- “Stay” (feat. Mikky Ekko) by Rihanna
- “All Me” by Drake
- “Love The Way You Lie” by Eminem
- “Love Me” by Lil Wayne
- “Needed Me” by Rihanna
- “Somebody That I Used to Know” (feat. Kimbra) by Gotye
- “Royals” by Lorde
- “Roar” by Katy Perry
- “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift
Is anyone else a little surprised that The Weeknd was the most popular for the decade?! But most of the other songs are completely unsurprising.
What would YOU add the list of songs from the decade?!
Get more from Sisanie here!
Photo: Getty Images