California State University Long Beach's accounting students are giving back to the community.
NBC4 reports that more than 50 of the university's accounting students will be providing free income tax preparation assistance to families who make $57,000 or less. Other groups who will eligible for this free prep are: disabled and older people, students, non-residents, and those with limited English proficiency.
According to the report, CSULB's tax service is part of an IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, which found great success last year at CSULA.
According to the university, appointments will be conducted via Zoom, and will last roughly 90 minutes. Appointments times are available Mondays-Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
According to the website and to NBC4, those who book appointments will require the following:
- Government-issued photo ID or driver's license
- Any and all W-2s and 1099s (if any) + any other income and expense information
- Original Social Security card or documents of individual taxpayer identification number
- If you are a student or a parent, bring total tuition fees and expenses paid (form 1098-T)
- Bank account and routing number (voided check) for direct deposit of refund
For more information, click here.
Join the conversation below and tell us what you think!
PHOTO: Getty Images