Disney Parks has shared the official guidelines and plans for how it plans to reopen the Disney Springs location at Walt Disney World Resort.
The plans only explain Disney Springs. There was no official mention of the Walt Disney World resort location opening in full.
“With the safety and well-being of our guests, cast members and third-party operating participants at the forefront of our planning, we are eager to begin welcoming you back to this part of Walt Disney World,” the Disney Parks blog wrote. “While our theme parks and resort hotels remain temporarily closed, the phased reopening of Disney Springs is a welcome milestone as we navigate through this unprecedented time together as responsibly as we can.”
Details for the reopening include:
- Guests will be asked to park in two different garages. Surface lots will be closed.
- Face coverings will be required for people 3 years old and up. The masks and coverings will be required during your entire time at Disney Springs — except when dining.
- Temperature screenings will be required when guests first arrive. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be asked to be rescreened. If you receive a second check at 100.4 degrees or higher, you will not be allowed into the park.
- The amount of guests will be limited. Ground markings will promote social distancing so people can keep space between each other.
- Cash isn’t explicitly banned. But the parks recommended using any other payment to keep yourself safe.
You can watch more on these guidelines in the video below.
Disney Springs will be the first U.S. Disney location to host a phase reopening. Only shopping and dining options will be available at first.
Photo credit: Brian McGowan on Unsplash