It's normal to get irritated especially when you are tired but there can be certain things we do daily that can add more stress to our mental health.
Lifehacker has found five ways a person can become more irritable in their daily routine.
- Not getting fresh air and natural light can upset our circadian "clock." If you find yourself stuck inside most of the day, try to go outside and take at least a 45 minute walk before you start your day.
- Skipping lunch or even breakfast can cause you to get mood swings due unhealthy eating patterns.
- Consistently checking your phone can cause you to feel overwhelmed.
- Watching or reading something emotionally draining before you go to bed can take a toll on your mental health. Try to limit your daily social media and news consumption.
- Drinking too close to bedtime can reduce your REM sleep.