'Twas an interesting 4th of July this year to say the least. I know it’s a weird time and it felt weird celebrating, but I’m a sucker for any excuse to dress up and be festive — especially during this pandemic.
I got a lot of questions about my outfits from the day and some food items so I wanted to put all in one place for you guys. My jumpsuit look is also the perfect outfit for summer sansy activities: a socially distant BBQ, a solo brunch date, meeting a s/o’s parents, it has all the makings of a perfect outfit!
And I got a lot of questions about my friend Ashley’s crumble recipe. She generously shared it with me so I can share with you guys!
I’m calling it the “Cook Crumble” since that’s her last name. (See what I did there 😉)
4th of July Blueberry Crumble or "Cook Crumble"
5 cups of blueberries
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of flour
1/4 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of oats
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a small bowl, juice one lemon and grate the rind.
3. Toss blueberries with sugar, flour, lemon rind, and half the juice of one lemon.
4. Place berries into an 8x8 baking dish.
5. Mix flour, butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over blueberries.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the blueberries are bubbly.