According to reports from the Los Angeles Police Department, the San Fernando Valley is home to some of the most dangerous intersections in Los Angeles.
Data compiled by Crosstown LA, a non-profit organization partnered with USC Annenberg, shows that Van Nuys had the most collisions, specifically the intersection of Sepulveda Blvd. and Sherman Way. Data shows that 47 collisions were reported in that intersection last year alone, making it the most dangerous intersection in the city for drivers and pedestrians.
According to data examined by Crosstown, Van Nuys has six of the top 20 most dangerous intersections in the city, with nearly 195 collisions reported in 2019.
Below is a list of the top 20 intersections in Los Angeles provided by Crosstown LA.
1. Van Nuys: Sherman Way & Sepulveda Blvd.
2. Vermont Knolls: Manchester Ave. & Figueroa St.
3. Van Nuys: Burbank Blvd. & Sepulveda Blvd.
4. Panorama City: Van Nuys Blvd. & Roscoe Blvd.
5. Valley Glen: Victory Blvd. & Coldwater Canyon Ave.
6. Northridge: Tampa Ave. & Nordhoff St.
7. Van Nuys: Sherman Way & Woodman Ave.
8. Valley Glen: Sherman Way & Coldwater Canyon Ave.
9. Vermont Vista: Imperial Highway & Figueroa St.
10. Lake Balboa: Balboa Blvd. & Victory Blvd.
11. West Hills: Fallbrook Ave. & Victory Blvd.
12. Valley Glen: Sherman Way & Whitsett Ave.
13. Porter Ranch: Devonshire St. & Reseda Blvd.
14. Van Nuys: Sepulveda Blvd. & Victory Blvd.
15. Broadway- Manchester: Imperial Highway & Main St.
16. Van Nuys: Sherman Way & Kester Ave.
17. Panorama City: Van Nuys & Arminta St.
18. Winnetka: Saticoy St. & Winnetka Ave.
19. Van Nuys: Sepulveda Blvd. & Erwin St.
20. Northridge: Tampa St. & Plummer St.
Photo Credit: Getty Images